Sunday, August 30, 2009

Miley Cyrus Realizes She's Far From Perfect

Miley Cyrus is no stranger to scandal and speaking on NBC's "TODAY" show on Friday morning, August 28, she said she is far from perfect. "I always want to be known not necessarily like as this perfect girl ... but as someone who is hopefully inspiring other people, that's what I want more than anything," said the Disney star. "I'm not here to say that I'm perfect because I'm far from that, as we all are."

"My mistakes are kind of a little bit harder because they are in front of millions and millions of people", Miley elaborated. "I get to go through that and I get to learn. It's hard sometimes to smile about it, because half the time, yeah, it does suck to have to go through that. But also it makes you want to try harder the next time when I know that little girls look at me and say I'm their hero, so that's really important."

Above all, Miley concluded "Going into this business, I think you just expect it. I feel like anyone has to make mistakes, and I think if a lot of people look back at their being a kid, they're going to realize they've done a lot of the same things I have." She went on adding, "I guess sometimes judgments are unfair, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!"

Miley Cyrus, who will turn 17 years old November later this year, drew criticism when she performed a pole dancing during her appearance at 2009 Teen Choice Awards held earlier this month. Her father got her back though, arguing "You know what? I just think that Miley loves entertaining people. She loves singing [and] songwriting. I always tell her to love what you're doing and stay focused for the love of the art and not worry so much about opinion."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share