Thursday, August 13, 2009

What is music?

It's the first thing I think about and listen to when I wake in the mornings. It's the last thing on my mind as I go to sleep with my headphones on. It's what makes me feel as though my presence on Earth has a point and a meaning. It's the energy that rises above all spiritual/physical comprehension of my being.

It gives a high better than any drug or liquor on this earth. It's what makes me want to strive to be better in everything - the motivation pinnacle in my life. It's the smell of marijuana, cigs, beer, and sweat all mixed together at a live concert. It's the screaming of a crowd, shouting for their favorite band to take the stage and the eruption of the volcano as the musicians make their entrance.

It's what makes the world turn. It can start wars and it can make peace. It can make you sad and it can make you ecstatic. It can show you the happy side of life and open your eyes to the darker reality of the world we live in. It can make you rich and it can make you poor. It can make you want to live and it can make you want to kill yourself. It can mark the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning.

Music. Its the ultimate medium in our world. Modern prophets and modern poets.

1 comment:

Bookmark and Share